Software Showdown Rules
These rules are subject to change. The final rules will be given out on the day of the event.
- Unlike hackathon events, Software Showdown competitors are allowed to bring projects they have worked on previously for weeks, months or years prior to the event.
- Competitors may only enter projects significantly created by members on their team who are currently competing in the Software Showdown. Contributions from others must not include any major functionality and be less than approximately 20% of the code base.
- Competitors must own rights or have written permission from the owner for all software demonstrated in the competition.
- Competitors are not allowed to enter in projects containing confidential information (such as from previous client).
- Some events have a Jr Team division.??Jr teams are teams made up of members who all meet the following qualifications:
- Less than two years of serious coding experience (Education is excluded from this)
- Have never placed top three in a hackathon before
- Have not earned more than $10,000 of income through programming
- The Valley Hackathon reserves the right to determine who is and is not a Jr Programmer for the purpose of Jr Team Division contests.